Not a robot #tdc4067 #ds106
I took an old gif I made back in 2014 and added the captcha frame.
I was interested to read How to Reverse an Animated GIF
convert water-forward.gif -coalesce -reverse -quiet -layers OptimizePlus -loop 0 water-reversed.gif
So gave it a quick try. The result wa fine, but my 228kb gif was 1.1 MB in reverse. So I had a wee look art the gifsicle man page and ended up after a few tries with:
gifsicle -U stairs01.gif "#-1-0" --colors 32 -O3 -o downstairsR.gif
#blogvember 20 – fight – One of the nicest fights I’ve been in was GIF FIGHT!! a small irregular jpg challenge posted to be turned into gifs that started about 2013.
Since my site has started using https I find quite a lot of broken pages like Cubomania Gif! which I am slowly fixing.
I’ve been having a wee play with the p5.js web editor.
I’ve occasionally dipped my toe into processing and found it good fun.
I don’t really have much of a clue but have had a bit of fun. Especially when I found you can use a library with p5.js to export gifs. The feature image on this post is one made by my sketch: Classy bramble skulls 4. This one has a background image, some animation, the mid-ground, the sleeper and computer and then the window frame which are drawn. If I had though I’d have used 3 image layers sandwiching 2 animation ones. Early days.
There seems to be a ton of learning material available and it is easy to duplicate interesting p5.js sketches to edit and play around with. (The school holidays are not long enough;-))
I do like a gif. I like to make them in all sorts of ways. Recently I’ve been messing about with Live Photos. The mac Photos app will export gifs from these but they are huge. To my mind a gif should be as small as possible. The other problem wit Live photos is my hands tend to move. Today I tried the iOS app Motion Stills:
Motion Stills is an app from Google Research that uses advanced stabilization and rendering to turn your Live Photos and videos into GIFs
The only problem is that the files are pretty big. I took a photo of a squirrel in the botanic gardens this morning and ran it through the app. The stabilisation was great but the file size for the image was 8.7MB for a 480 × 360 image!
I decided to see if I could shrink it a little and got it down to 331kb. This is how:
The featured image of this post is the shrunken gif.