I’ve just transitioned to a mac mini. My 2016 MacBook pro was bulging horribly. Battery knackered. The keyboard was duff from the start. I don’t need a pro machine nor a portable one now so a mini seemed a good choice. Basic model but with 1TB disk & 16 mb ram.
Alan’s post LinkedUn – CogDogBlog, reminded me of this email.
Too Slow. New Year’s Day, I was driving home & stopped by the police. I was going too slow. Asked why, I say, I was listening to a poem on the radio. Failing and Flying by Jack Gilbert, it was worth slowing down for.
Read: The Seven Moons of Maali Almeida by Shehan Karunatilaka ★★★★★ 📚
Great read. I know almost nothing about Sri Lanka. Surprisingly touching given the setting, the after life, a world of ghosts & demons many the result of political killings.
Read: Swimming to Ithaca by Simon Mawer ★★★★☆ 📚
Historian discovers his mother’s past in Cyprus during the 50s, intrigue, secrets and spies. I rather disliked the main character but it didn’t stop me enjoying book.
2022 in titles, made with wordcloud cli.
- Read seven steeples 21/11/2022
- Read: Rose Nicolson by Andrew Greig 09/10/2022
- Read: The Glass Hotel 11/09/2022
- Read: Small Things Like These 09/09/2022
- Read: The family Chao 07/08/2022
- Read: Islands of Abandonment 04/07/2022
- Read: Blank Pages 22/04/2022
- Read: Great Circle by Maggie Shipstead 06/02/2022
- Read: O Caledonia 07/01/2022
Read: The Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys ★★★★☆ 📚
Hot sweaty, feverish & confusing, unreliable narrators & characters, pickled by heat and rum.
Both fascinating & depressing