Listening to @baldur on @martinfeld‘s Really Specific Stories. Glad I was driving, not sipping coffee! Contrary views to other episodes, strongly put across. Powerful on RSS & interface! Interesting on text vs podcasts vs video.
Join host and podcast studies researcher Martin Feld as he delves into stories of tech-podcast production and fandom, featuring creators and their listeners.
Listened: Really Specific Stories – Michael Camilleri, I continue to really enjoy this podcast. A podcast about podcasting and podcast listening.
Wonderfully it discusses the culture of podcasting rather than the type of mic you need. Michael‘s episode was very interesting his views on podcasting and the web had me nodding a lot.
I grabbed this wee snippet when I arrived in the car park at school the other day using Castro’s ability to snip a bit from a podcast (I am presuming such a short extract, for review, breaks no copyright).
There is a lot more to listen too, the idea of blogging, podcasting and writing html as a something done by ordinary folk, and the idea that the openness of the format invite participation certainly rings true for me.
There is quite a lot of blogging about blogging, maybe we need more podcasting about listening to podcasts & podcasting.
Folk to Follow
RSS Feeds this week:
- Eat This Podcast RSS Feed Great podcast on food in all of its aspects.
- Backlisted RSS Feed. Quite in depth reviews and discussions of books, one per episode. Took me a while to figure out the feed for this one. Almost grumpy enough to skip it.
- Scotland Outdoors RSS Feed A lot of BBC radio content is available via RSS. They push their own sounds app, but the RSS is on the page.
- Is It Rolling, Bob? Talking Dylan RSS Feed. Found at random, enjoyed that way too.
- Really Specific Stories. narratives of tech-podcast fandom, featuring producers and their listeners. Fascinating RSS Feed