#FeedReaderFriday: A Suggestion for Changing our Social Media Patterns | Chris Aldrich
Another sort of RSS reader is a Podcatcher. Podcast listening apps depend on RSS. My favourite on my phone, I listen to podcasts while commuting, is Castro.
Folk to Follow
RSS Feeds this week:
- Eat This Podcast Great podcast on food in all of its aspects.
- Backlisted RSS Feed. Quite in depth reviews and discussions of books, one per episode. Took me a while to figure out the feed for this one. Almost grumpy enough to skip it.
- Scotland Outdoors A lot of BBC radio content is available via RSS. They push their own sounds app, but the RSS is on the page.
- Is It Rolling, Bob? Talking Dylan . Found at random, enjoyed that way too.
- Really Specific Stories. narratives of tech-podcast fandom, featuring producers and their listeners. Fascinating
Mark Stephen is out on the hill at Glen Falloch Estate with Falcon Frost and Tom Turnbull
I’ve walked some of the ground discussed. The interaction of deer, trees & the habitat is way more complex than I thought. Really interesting half hour.
Really enjoyed this one. Some amazing stories of crab sex & the shorey shore-thing. I was left wondering why Adam Nicolson made rock pools rather than observe pre existing ones? I think I might get the book, The Sea is Not Made of Water: Life Between the Tides.