we currently live in a period of edtech excess and that this is fuelling increasing disadvantage and climate crisis. He remains sceptical, like many of us, that the answer to these big problems is yet more tech.
Every now and again I take a trawl through all the Local Authority Glow Blog home pages. It is interesting to see into all sorts of learning going on across Scotland. Here are a few that caught my eye:
- About CEN – CEN – Climate Emergency Newsroom
- Climate Change – Take Action 19.10.21 |
- Leswalt’s Eco Superstars on COP26 – Leswalt Primary School
- Crazy About Climate Change
- Primary 1 – COP26: Forest of Promises | Primary 1 – Bishopton Primary School
- P7C – COP26 Youth and Public Empowerment Day | Primary 7 – Bishopton Primary School
Linked, in my mind at least, is outdoor learning, there is a fair bit of that going on too:
- P7 have been litter picking in the canal | Carmuirs Rights And Sustainability
- Super rare Varied Thrush comes to Papay – Papa Westray Community School
- Seaweed Survey Winners – Papa Westray Community School
- Outdoor Learning Down the River | Ballantrae Primary School and EYC
- Community garden update! | Strathyre Primary School
- Gardening Club | St Mary’s RC Primary School
THE DEAD GUILLEMOT SOCIETY: From The Province Of The Cat by George Gunn. Dunnet Beach is the most northerly beach on the Scottish mainland. It stretches for roughly three miles in a North-North-Eas…
A moving piece.
The report, from albert, a Bafta-backed sustainability project, also found that individual action, such as recycling, was far more frequently featured than issues that are much bigger drivers of the climate crisis such as energy and transport.
looks like a great project, I’ve subscribed to the feed. Great set of links in this intro too, thanks.
Warming Stripes for Scotland from 1884-2018 #ShowYourStripes
Holly has tried to make changes to reduce her carbon footprint and insisted the Guardian did not send a photographer to drive two hours from Glasgow
from: ‘I feel very angry’: the 13-year-old on school strike for climate action following in the footsteps of Greta Thunberg