The act or power of recollecting.
Strangely when I started writing this post in my t-break and found Andrew’s blog is blocked by our filters, I recolled the prompt as remembrance.
My Recollection is helped by my blog. I fairly regularly search it to aid my rather shaky memory. In fact I’ve an Alfred shortcut that helps with that.
Not only does that give me a nice page but I can show one particular date like by using [postedtoday month="11" day="1"]
There are 9 posts found on this site published on November 1
- November 1, 2020
- Microblogvember 1 A couple of autumn leaves brightens up an otherwise dreary day. #mbnov Jean MacDonald – Microblogvember Returns! 🗓🖊🖋
- Classroom Podcasting again I started a podcast in my previous school in 2005 which produced episode fairly regularly until 2008 when I moved to a development officer post in North Lanarkshire. I found podcasting to really worthwhile, fun and motivating. It involved children in all sorts of learning and created many opportunities. I’ve also produced a fair number […]
- listen: Microcast #080 – Redecentralize and MozFest listened to @dajbelshaw Microcast #080 – Redecentralize and MozFest
- recollection #blogvember 1 recollection #blogvenmber 1
- Wikipedia Tips from #eduwiki image by Tflanagan (WMF) Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International Yesterday I went along to the EduWiki Conference 2014 conference in Edinburgh organised by Wikimedia UK. A really interesting day included presentations about how wikipedia is being used in education (mostly tertiary) and a great discussion of how support for using Wikipedia in schools could be developed. […]
- EDUtalk After the success of SLFtalk David and I have been chatting about how to take the idea forward. It seemed a good idea to continue to provide educators the opportunity to post short podcasts with as low a technical barrier as possible. David has pushed this on by getting the EDUtalk.cc domain name and applying […]
- Jonesieblog I’ve been reading Jonesieblog the Blog of Robert Jones for a while now and always find interesting things there. His subheading changes regularly, probably one of those fortune cookie plugins, but todays gave me a smile: One of may favourite words after serendipity. Fair cheered me up after a day at work.
- ICT Coordinators meeting I gave a short presentation on weblogging and podcasting. I think I use the wrong slides. these are the ones I meant to use. A few missing bits.
This stuff takes me back to things fully and half forgotten. One of the posts from the 1st of November 2005 links to a presentation I made to fellow teachers about blogging. It now rests in the Internet Archive, in a fairly broken format a bit like my memory. Blogging among other things is a tool for recollection, depending on frail technology and relying on foresight, which in hindsight could do with some work.