A couple of days ago I noticed the webmentions from bridgy had stopped coming in to this blog. It took me a while but I eventually noticed that the icons an links to syndicated posts were not showing up on my posts.
Turns out (I think) that when sempress got updated the space for these links moved to the entry-footer.php file in the theme, I had a entry-footer.php in my child theme. I’ve not had the time to figure out exactly what was going on but removing my child’s entry-footer.php file has sorted it in the meantime. I now need to figure out why I had put it there in the first place.
I am again reminded about the technical debt in using IndieWeb technologies on this blog without the full understanding of what is going on.