BacK to school tomorrow, ironically I had the smoothest teams meeting yet today. Relied on the chat for all display. This is how it went.
Round the room
Everyone get chance to talk, some posted images at the same time into chat.
- Uploaded small video just one or two minutes 1.5mb to explain a multiplication strategy into the chat. Gave time to watch.
- Then uploaded a jpg with 4 chilli multiplications. Time to work on own choice of question, bit of music to time via Farrago.
- Children explained their working and I scribed. Snapped with phone cropped and uploaded to chat. Previous we had tried the whiteboard but lots of lag and different amounts of lag.
- Read bluebottle poem, without title or last word.
- Discussion and guesses.
- Played poet reading poem, Farrago again.
- More discussion.
- Posted link to Paddington 2 – Film Class and gave a few minutes to watch.
- Discussion of some of the questions.
- Read out questions, pasted into chat
A pretty smooth, IMO, hour. Almost no time wasted waiting for pupils to see a slide. Preparation was a lot quicker too. A text file to remind me what was next and to copy text from. a folder for images, audio via Farrago.
I had suggested that the pupils watch the two videos before the meet, not all had but they were so short I don’t think it did anyone any harm to watch twice.
It was interesting too in the mix of audio, text and image posted to chat that the class used to join in.
I’ve not seen this rather crude method of running a meeting described but it has lead to the smoothest meeting of the nearly 30 I’ve had over the last 6 or 7 weeks.