For this assignment, combine audio effects into a soundscape to represent a place or an event. This assignment may not be suitable for all educational areas, so please feel free to create a soundscape for a scene from a favourite book or a poem, or come up with another idea.
The Real Work – Gary Snyder
- Freesound.org – “wooden boat row water.wav” by bulbastre
- Freesound.org – “27022005_snares_island_sea lion.ogg” by stormpetrel
- Freesound.org – “Diesel engine boat 4 loop 100307.wav” by LG
- Freesound.org – “harbor waves.wav” by klankbeeld
- Freesound.org – “oceanwavescrushing.wav” by Luftrum
- Freesound.org – “seagull.wav” by hazure
- Freesound.org – “UrbanHerringGulls.wav” by acclivity
Took me a while to figure out a text. Limited my searching to Freesound to save time. Downloaded a bunch of files and loaded them into audacity. Just sliced, changed the volume, and made some fades. This is a good fun assignment that I’d really like to try in a classroom. Would need plenty of time as I guess this is the best part of 3 hours play for me. A fair bit of this was being distracted on freesound.
Time Saving Attribution
The only tip I can offer is only tangentially linked to the task and mac only. To gather the links for attribution I open the links in a set of tabs in Safari and then run a wee AppleScript this puts a list of html links to each tab on my clipboard, paste into TextMate and wrap in li tags. (I use FastScripts for running applescripts).