Teaching, ict, and suchlike
Lifted from my Pinboard
- Had a busy week with EDUtalk, spent Saturday at the ACTS conference recording, nearly finished posting the audio with the actsconf2014 tag. We had a great show on Wednesday with Morag Watson and Rosa Murray talking about Learning for Sustainability.
The final Show of the week was rather unusual #ed473 ‘Considering networked communications for educators’ Bonnie Stewart had her class broadcast their final presentation, to an audience on Radio Edutalk, twitter & TitanPad. Great buzz around the show, links to the gather tweets and titanpad conversation on the post.
- Theo tweeted me the link to Vector Magic Precision Bitmap To Vector Conversion Online I hope to play with it soon.
- Open Education Webinar | JISC RSC-Scotland Newsfeed Want to find out more about open education? Join us for a webinar to find out about open education and initiatives taking place in Scotland. Wednesday, 2nd April (12.00-12.45)
- I was chatting to @digitalkatie with Ian Stuart this week about PechaKucha and mentioned Alan Levin’s PechaFlickr, now updated:
- pechaflickr Now Equipped with Super Powers of Photo Credit – CogDogBlog
- Alan’s ds106 Assignment Bank is getting ready, Inside and Outside the ds106 Assignment Bank Theme I’d love to give this a spin for creating some sort of online course sometime.
- If the Moon Were Only 1 Pixel – A tediously accurate map of the solar system Quite amazing, be a good resource when covering the Solar system in class. How insignificant are we!
- Overview of the SharePoint 2013 page model Useful reference for understanding how themes, materpages and templates work in the Office 365. Good for Glow
- I revisited the earliest version of the School website I created on the Internet Archive: Sandaig Primary School, somewhat simpler than glow
- TLDRLegal – Software Licenses Explained in Plain English looks a useful resource for talking about Creative commons and other copyright related issues.