DS106 students do not have much time left the clock is ticking…
This started as a riff on some cogdogfoo flickrSounds for #ds106 as a way of producing comic-strips of images and sounds. It gave me an opportunity to play with the flickr and free sound APIs.
To create a slideshow
- go to flickrSounds. Put in a word to search for
- When the image and sound load you can see alternatives by clicking he image or waveform
- When you have one you like click Add to Preview
- Repeat with more words
- When you have finished click Save as AV slides
- This will show you your slideshow and give you a bit of html to put into your blog (you need to be on text/html rather than Visual in the blog editor.
I do not think you can use iFrames in a wordpress.com blog but it should work fine on a self hosted wordpress blogs.
I’ve found that sound phrases, eg, tick tock or ‘drip drip drip’ are easier to get a reasonable result from than a quote.
I use one for my 404 here.
If I was counting I’d get stars for this and for creating a tutorial;-)