Some things I’ve added to Pinboard recently.
- What do nice Internet users do?, good rules and an interesting place to start thinking about classroom rules for online life.
- Blade Runner – The Aquarelle Edition – YouTube, pretty beautiful I can’t imagine how long it took to remake most of Blade Runner in watercolours.
A simple way for journalists, designers, and creators to weave interactive stories
Given my long term interest in online maps I’ll have to have a play with this soon. I’ve not blogged about maps for a good while, but still create them regularly.
- Mariana Funes and I have started another season of DS106 radio, we are broadcasting live on ds106 Radio and archiving the audio on EDUtalk, here is the first new episode: The DS106 Good Spell Episode 11 | EDUtalk
- Clay Shirky has Asked My Students To Put Their Laptops Away
We’ve known for some time that multi-tasking is bad for the quality of cognitive work, and is especially punishing of the kind of cognitive work we ask of college students.
There are lots of interesting and quotable points in this post. As we test 1-2-1 and BYOD in school I think we will avoid these problems of the lecture room, use of technology is a lot more directed, and every teaching teaching with 1-2-1 I’ve seen has clear rules around listing and putting devices down.
- My Gif Tumblr is 2 years old! I’d be scared to work out how much time that means I’ve spent animating gifs.Here is one for the 1840 Tate galley gif party ‘The Minotaur’, George Frederic Watts | Tate