Since joining micro.blog I’ve been messing around with my blog and its RSS on and off. I had settled on removing the titles for status post RSS feed. This means short status posts (<280 characters) were passed over to micro.blog and displayed the whole content there. Longer posts are truncated and linked.

Unfortunately this meant that microblog looks quite ugly sometimes, especially when it posts a truncated indieWeb reaction that includes a quote. So I’ve changed how it works a little to only remove titles from the RSS id there are <280 characters.

This is a status post, so hopefully it will show up on Micro.Blog as a linked title.

Details in this gist: functions that have do with micro.blog and microblogging that live in my child theme’s functions.php

Before and after display of a post in micro.blog

 

@jgmac1106 you might be interested in these css animation experiments:

Not an animated gif – 106 drop in

CSS phenakistiscope

More phenakistoscope

 

This is a jpg that is 10560 pixels wide.
Also on: